Shadow Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO SHADOW TWILIGHT

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hell's Campground | Near New Haven

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Hell's Campground | Near New Haven Empty
PostSubject: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 am

Kal idly tapped her claws on the back of the chair as she listened to Riel speak. The Halberdier returned with the tea in one hand and the milk in the other. She set the glass of milk on the ground beside her and took the tee in both hands blowing on it gently to cool the liquid as she listened to the Magisto's story. As Riel finished speaking, Kal took a sip of her tea, smacking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, as it was still too hot. She paused a moment before responding, not bothering to look at Riel, "Mmhmm. Well, I have been to the Targon Rift site, and I have never witnessed anything akin to either of you. Thus you originate from Pratos, and thus you are considered an enemy." Kal again blew on the tea before taking another slight sip, her eyes flicking up over the cup to the chained Krobon. "Strong and silent, just my type," her tone was flat. "Alright Tiny, your turn." "Tell me what you want?" He said in a rather snappy tone of voice as he looked straight at the Lukkan. "I thought I made it clear what I wanted, I don't think I am hard to understand," she replied curtly.

With that Krobon broke his bonds and surged through the wall. The guards reacted immediatly, surrounding him and pointing the tips of their halberds at the brute as he stared at the sky. Krobon was a long way from home and if Riel's story was true, then Kal knew it as well. She saw the unfamiliarity in the brute's eyes, he indeed was not where he was supposed to be. "You're a long way from the Rift, the sky is not distorted here." Kal spoke as she slowly got up from her chair. After the display of strength in the swamp, Kal didn't figure the chains would hold him and was not surprised when he broke free. Kal motioned the guards to lower their weapons, her tone now carried an almost sympathetic tone, "Even if you escaped, where would you go? You are thousands of miles from the Rift, it could be in any direction. Here you will at least be given food and shelter." Kal set her satchel down next to the milk, she wouldn't risk Shard getting hurt if Krobon lashed out at her. She carefully made her way towards Krobon, her hands close to her weapons. Kal raised one hand, and made a dismissive motion towards the guards, they began to protest, but Kal simply made another motion and they backed off further. "He's not going anywhere, are you?" more a rhetorical question, than one expecting an answer.

Kal slipped around in front of Krobon, quite close to him and lowered her voice. "Sure, you could crush every guard in here with your bare hands, but where would that get you?" She stared right into his eyes, "You could try to obliterate me, you could have back in the swamp, but you know I'm too fast for you," Kal gestured at the cracks in his armor. "And you know that I know the sweet spots."

Her teacup in her free hand, she leaned back up straight and took another sip, still staring at Krobon,waiting for him to make a decision. "So what's it gonna be big guy? You give me what I want, and maybe we'll strike a deal."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowtwilight.rpg-board.net
Krobon

Krobon

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:43 am

"You're a long way from the Rift, the sky is not distorted here." Kal spoke as she slowly got up from her chair.

"It is simple, I will force the Magisto to take me back... He will die if he does not comply." Krobon looked to the guards and then to Kal, he crossed his gargantuan arms in front of his chest as she continued to speak.

"Sure, you could crush every guard in here with your bare hands, but where would that get you?" She stared right into his eyes, "You could try to obliterate me, you could have back in the swamp, but you know I'm too fast for you," Kal gestured at the cracks in his armor. "And you know that I know the sweet spots."

"Even if you have such speed, you lack knowledge of me... Do you truly think you can avoid every hit and actually damage me enough for me to stop attacking, together with your stamina and mine. I am an unknown race and you have no clue whether i am capable of more then just my strength. You can try to intimidate me but the words you speak are foolish and strategically unwise."

Everything was different, the soil was different, the surroundings and the creatures. He had a strategic mind, it was a demand for a Kray leader however in a situation where he as well had little information about the inhabitants, their abilities and other things. Still he believed that this situation could be put to his advantage... As long as he could stop this rage from building up, he had to stay calm. These creatures were weak and he would have his energy weapon as a surprise to get this Lukkan female down, even if it just distracted her it would be enough to land a hit and incapacitate her.

"I will walk freely, if you wish me to calm down then you will give me the freedom to release me and get acquainted with the situation i am in." He had to make them believe that he would be docile and not an enemy. If he had freedom then he could learn about these creatures, their magic, their weapons, their strength and their weaknesses. It would be a very interesting to see how they would react.

"In return for freedom, i will help with the..." He thought deeply for a moment "Security of this camp"

He walked around a little, within the circle given to him by the guards, some of them tightened their grip on their weapons as he came close... None of them had forgotten about the guard he messed up with a push to the wall. "And if you did kill me the others of my race would know... And this place would be wiped within days."

"So i ask you one thing, despite my confusion of being here... Do you want to risk anything, you were the ones that captured us, the ones that started the hostilities by trying to lock us up. I suggest if you want us to act peacefully you treat us peacefully." He turned to look at Kal and waited for an answer, he knew very well that he made a good point, he had worked away his fury a bit and his confusion was straightening out for now."
Back to top Go down
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Kal worked hard to hide her surprise at the brute's intellegence. She had not expected him to work a bargain with her, and she had fully expected him to take her offer. He did catch her on one point, she didn't know anything about him or his race. He was capable of just about anything and she had already witnessed his strength. Kal pondered the creature's offer for a long moment, herears twitching slightly as she thought.

"You drive a hard bargain, Tiny." She was not too keen on letting Krobon run free, but obviously keeping him here was not a great option either. The reason the camp was able to contain the worse of the Pratos horde was the simple fact that they knew the creatures strengths and weaknesses and the camp was able to adjust the security accordingly. But with Krobon and Riel, they knew nothing, and it was impossible to know what either was capableof, and thus neigh impossible to safely contain them here. Kal was not worried about Riel, he was more her size and thus easier for her to deal with. But Krobon was just too big, too many people risked severe injury or death if they tried to keep him here against his will. No one knew just how far Krobon's strength went, or even if he had any other tricks up his sleeves.

Kal tapped the side of her muzzle before opening her mouth the speak, "You're not exactly in a position to make deals or demands, but you have a point." Kal looked to the guards and ordered them to stand down to which they reluctantly obeyed.

"Though the negotiation of the deal isn't over. If you want to go slugging through that swamp, knock yourself out. But if you get lost no one is coming after you. You go too far west and you're gonna find stuff that would swallow you in one bite. You don't even know which way is west. So you can go off an explore...get yourself stuck, which leaves you up a creek without a paddle. They've got security here, so that offer is no good. Thus I'll make you a new one. I'll show you around, make sure you don't get killed, let you go play in the mud, but your playmate stays here. In turn you tell me why you're here, and in turn for that, I'll tell you how to get back to the Rift. How's that for a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 pm

Riel pushed his knees close to his chest and sighed, letting his head fall down to rest upon his knees, the confusion raging in his mind was finally settling and he had began devising a plan, a plan which would most surely get him out of the situation he was in…

If nothing got out of hand within the next few moments the plan would fail yet later he needed the Kray to eighter do it on his own or be asked to do it. Riel needed a diversion, “Xhinii, take care of my shackles” he whispered and the consealed eye flashed into existance momentarily to show her master she had heard his command, Riel leaned back a little as Xhinii began to inscribe the shackles with chaos magic. The thing about Riel’s summoned eye was that she was undetectable by other spell casters, this had been a great asset for him as he had sent her on scouting missions inside the City of Mirrors.

He closed his eyes and began to focus, his mind was much clearer and the lack of energy he had felt earlier was subsiding, oddly enough he did not feel the constant drain a Magisto did as they were outside of the Veil... ‘Must have something to do with what happened in the cell’ he though.

Xhinii blinked happily and just as she did so the Kray suddenly decided to break out of his holding cell, just as he did so Riel said a pair of silent words and his shackles began to glow weakly before the locks exploded with two small cracks. He shrugged and stood up, idly dusting of his clothing as he listened to the Kray and Lukkan talk to each other, as he listened to then he raised his right hand, his index finger pointing forwards.

"I will walk freely, if you wish me to calm down then you will give me the freedom to release me and get acquainted with the situation i am in.” He heard the Kray say and he chuckled to himself, the Kray had already impressed him with his intelligence. Yet he had the idea that as soon as the Kray had somehow talked himself out of the situation then the feisty Lukkan would turn her eyes on Riel and keep him even more locked down then he already was.

Riel kept listening to their conversation as he was focusing, the bars of the cell was surely enchanted, and he was weakened, so it would prove a tad difficult to break them. Yet the great strenght of his type of magic was that it was used to break down things which were created out of order, and magical prison bars was a perfect candidate for just chaos magic.

“-make sure you don't get killed, let you go play in the mud, but your playmate stays here. In turn you tell me why you're here, and in turn for that, I'll tell you how to get back to the Rift. How's that for a deal?" The Lukkan said and just as she finished Riel made quick move with his index finger and the bars suddenly shimmered to then suddenly shatter into a heap of twisted metal.

Riel idly stepped over this heap and walked towards the Lukkan, yet staying clear of both the guards, her and the Kray. He was ready for a attack from any of them, mostly the Kray, since the Kray still had some unsettled feelings against him. Pinning Riel to the ground would only furtherly empower his alliance with the Lukkan, most of his focus layed on the Kray. “You know little of me as well Lukkan, I wish for nothing but to settle this situation... I do not have the time to play these prison games no more, I will cooperate, even teach you or your mages some of the ways of the Magisto if you wish it... But I will not be a prisoner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:40 pm

She angrily turned to the Kray, "Well? Either accept the deal or you'll meet the same as you playmate. I am sick of games and I really don't give a flying fuck if you bench press a traphant before breakfast," her ears lay menacingly against her head, her teeth flashing as she spoke. She wanted to deal with the Kray before dealing with the escaped Magisto.

Krobon looked from Riel to Kal, his answer hesitant before he responded in a deep rumbling voice, "Deal." Kal wished she could relax but with the escaped Magisto she knew she still had to be on her guard. It was becoming quite obvious that she couldn't contain either of them, and she did now want to endanger any more lives trying to do so. It had become clear to her that should these two be a Rift raiding party, that their first priority would have been to break out the hundreds of Pratos prisoners. They did not even seem to care about the prisoners, nor did they seem to know about the concentration camp. Kal placed a hand protectively over the satchel containing Shard, thinking hard. "You can't teach the mages anything, but I have questions. You comply with me and you need not be restrained." Kal looked over her shoulder to the guards, "Stand down, they both come with me." The guard in the back spoke up, "You have to take that up with the Warden." Kal sneered before speaking, "I'll leave that up to you, sparky. Oh and have those cells repaired, stat."

Kal turned toward the back exit and beckoned the Kray and Magisto to follow with her. She didn't like the way this was going, but it was going this way and now she had two unwanted tag-alongs. She hoped in some deep part of her heart that they would get mired in the swamp, and eaten by the creatures that thrived in it. She knew the swamp very well from her time spent with the prison. Perhaps she knew the map of Targon better than anyone in the realm. But picking her own way through it, and guiding two she despised was something much more challenging.

"We leave now."
Back to top Go down
Curiio

Curiio

Number of posts : 34
Location : Sheffield, Britain, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milkyway, The Universe...
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:03 am

Rules are meant to be broken | Curiio's Haven

Curiio's dreamless sleep, along the wood floor was rudely awoken in the early hours by a loud banging upon his door...

"Open up boy, or we're coming in, this door won't hold for long!" bellowed numerous barritoned voices from behind the Truans makeshift front door. Each banging sound made the rotting wooden interior shake and creak, causing the poor confused man upon the floor to jolt up, looking around frantically. He knew this day would come, he just knew it.. Curiio grabbed the note, stuffing it into his coat pocket.

He quickly checked for his potions, patting the dark garments to hear a jingling clink of bottles inside of the freyed pockets. He had all he needed, yet no time to cover up his deeds. Curiio rushed into the main living room, stumbling over the coffee table. He races around the small dank room and then with a gasp he saw the golden potion still simmering with thick lava-like bubbles upon the steamy surface. Curiio's mind was rushing, he could not think..

..."Cloth.. cloth!" he looked around to find a bed throw which was draped over his moldy sunken couch. He tugged the material and tossed it over the cauldron in a poor attempt to hide the substance- CRASH! The makeshift door gave way, flying off it's hinges and skidding across the wood floor with a loud scraping noise to the senses.

In walked two guards of New Haven, One large and muscular, the other shorter and weedy. Both sneering at Curiio- sneering at the pale Truans look of shock. "Gotcha now boy. Got reason ye believe ye' are brewing some nasties in 'ere... Aye?!"

"No..." Curiio sighed, his face returning to that of a blank canvas, the guilty shock of expression and life upon Curiio's face vanished just as quickly as the event had begun. This only riled the guards more, the weedy guard armed with a drawn sword pointed at Curiio, bladed tip toward him. "Also, we 'eard you 'av done something te one of the night walkers. She aint te 'appy with ye. She wants payment!"
"Paymen?!" Bellowed curiio rather uncharactaristicaly. "She went for me first! I have no time for this- I had no time, she was in the way. A whore!" The Guards took this as pure hostility, ceasing Curiio by the arns. The weedy being ripping curiio's head down to look at him by his black locks. "You're commin' wi' us lad!"

Broken and Bars | New Haven Camp

En route toward the New Haven prisons, curiio remained silent, his pale face losing any colour it had left though new colour in places had appeared. Black and blue were his cheeks, beaten perhaps for fun by the guards who ushered him toward the camp ground. Moss and mud, swamp bush and weeds caught and smeered over Curiio trousers. They had dragged him through the swamp, his form unconscious fromn the beating he had taken en route.

Each of the guards took Curiio's hands, dragging him forward, the lighting of the hell hole ahead was clear now. It seemed there was a problem however, a problem these guards that had arrested Curiio, had not anticipated. Their holding barracks had been in uproar from previous endevours. Any sound of panic was muffled by the sing song jeering of the domineering guards with Curiio, and the wildlife within the swamplands of the jungle. "Just a lil' further paley!" A guard said, heavily heaving Curiio's broad form forward. The poor Truans head crashing over damp bark, some vines wrapped around his legs, binding him in a leather evergreen rope effect.

"The note... Two words... Even the rats fear you Curiio. He who denounces violence, never carrying a weapon. But this, this is the truth Truan, you take ordinary people and you fashion them into weapons... Don't you?" Echoed a passive questioning voice withing the unconscious pallid forms mind. "No-eugh-" he murmers, catching the guards attention. They stopped to repeat their beating of Curiio, unaware to anyone else within the jungle apart from the nearing Camp...
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:49 am

It seemed that Riel had finally gotten through to the Lukkan and she nodded, saying something about him not being able to teach their mages anything, he merely shook his head. He thought it apparent that they lacked in skill since he had been able to break the magical bars of his prison without much strain. He followed behind the Lukkan, yet keeping his distance from both the Kray and the rest of the random guards they encountered on the way.

He was not keen on trusting anyone who had only moments ago wanted him imprisoned and tortured for information. As they got close to the exit of the camp Riel threw the Kray a look and said “I think you and I need to settle a truce, you know we are both outsiders here, an alliance would benefit us both, but we will talk more on that subject in a few moments.” Then he snapped his fingers and out of nowhere his richly detailed sword and dagger returned to him, the sword being sheathed on his back and the dagger at the back of his belt. A couple of guards looked alert yet they did not try anything stupid.

Riel’s smile widened a little as his red eyes focused intently on the ones he walked past, he could sense the fear they had for him and the giant Kray, a fear that he was going to be able to use to his advantage soon. There were still some important aspects which had to be completed firstly though, subduing the Lukkan woman was a high priority now and he was a little amazed that it seemed she was making her way out of the camp without any guards to escort them.

He idly let his right hand rummage through the pouches in his belt until he found one of the red glowing gems which he had charged close to the rift; he sealed his hand around the gem and began to devour the power locked inside of it. His ominous lipless grin widened more and more as he felt his power growing again. They passed the heavily guarded gates of the prison and it was not long before the prison was but a light in the distance. Riel raised his hand from the pouch as he felt he had devoured all the energy the gem held within it, it was time to act…

But just as he raised his right hand two guards came walking towards the camp, half dragging a pale Truan with them, yet they stopped in their tracks as they saw Riel and his party walking towards them. This was a small bother in the plans Riel had made in his mind, yet the additional guards was nothing but a minor irritating detail. Just as they passed the guards Riel grinned, then in a flash he suddenly unsheathed his long sword and with a gracious flourish he sliced the first guards chest open, and as the sword cut through the flesh of the man long web like scars shot out from the bleeding gash, then with a quick move he pierced the sword through the side of the other guards head, the webby scars shooting out across his head.

In a gurgling shower of blood the guards fell towards the ground, just as their bodies hit the ground Riel focused all his chaos magic and pointed his left hand index finger towards the alerted Lukkan woman, “Binding circle” he said in his native tongue and out from his hand flew a green light which bashed into the Lukkan, the light then formed into a mass of green glowing wines which began to bind her down. Riel knew that this trick would not hold the Lukkan forever, yet it would buy him enough time to finalise his plan, he turned to the Kray:
It is time for us to show our power Kray, this world is weak and we will claim it, you and I” He spun around his sword and impaled it through one of the guards backs, pinning the body to the ground. “I promise you power beyond anything you have even imagined my friend, why fight for one overlord when you can fight to claim an entire world?” His lips widened into a sickening mask of greed “It is time we show our power to these weak creatures! Serve me now Kray, and I shall grant you everything…” His eyes settled on the Lukkan woman “My first gift to you is this womanly creature, do as you please with her.” Then his eyes moved to the pale and beaten Truan, for a moment he raised his blade to finish this man of aswell, then Riel raised his right brow a little as he got a very curious sensation from this person… “Another prisoner I see” Riel kneeled down and sheathed his sword graciously, to then place his right hand upon the Truans cheek gently, “Who might you be?

This man had been close to the thing he seeked, he had been close to what lied within the Truan city of New Haven.
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Walking past the guards inside the encampment he noticed the dark eyes gazing upon him, awe, fear and concern were a few of the emotions that passed him. Every step the lumbering beast made trembled the ground slightly. He looked aside to one of the guards at the gate towards the swamp and opened his mouth, the guard was not fearful but it did put him on edge. This man was obviously a deeply rooted veteran. As they walked inside the swamp he followed the path and tried to keep on the harder parts of land when they encountered in the distance a couple of guards dragging along a man.

He spoke slowly to Eden and in his native tongue "What is this offer you told me about" Eden had spoke to him about an alliance and he was wondering about what to do with this, he had given him a hint but no further elaboration.

The people came closer and it was then in a split second that Riel took out his sword and made a huge gash through his chest, blood spurting out.

“It is time for us to show our power Kray, this world is weak and we will claim it, you and I” He spun around his sword and impaled it through one of the guards backs, pinning the body to the ground. “I promise you power beyond anything you have even imagined my friend, why fight for one overlord when you can fight to claim an entire world?” His lips widened into a sickening mask of greed “It is time we show our power to these weak creatures! Serve me now Kray, and I shall grant you everything…” His eyes settled on the Lukkan woman “My first gift to you is this womanly creature, do as you with her.”

Krobon heard the promise of power and it was his greatest temptation... The overlord, what did it mean in this world when he could not even sense it anymore, he was far removed from where his fellow Kray were and this was his chance to gain power like no Kray had ever gotten before. "Very well, i accept." Whilst Riel was busy with the prisoner it was obvious that Kal was soon to get loose, Krobon moved towards her and grabbed her by the arms, holding her up in the air.

"Interesting... It seems the tides have turned." He looked at Kal and studied her, he had not really gotten a chance to study any creatures here yet and she was by far the most interesting creature he had found.. There had even been Kray that resembled her in ways... However she was from far away with a strange but somewhat enticing demeanor but this was only the surface he had scratched and who knows what she would show in the future... Though the Kray seriously doubted that she would become an ally.

"What do you want to do then Riel.. What is your plan"
Back to top Go down
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 pm

The lights of the camp faded, but the sounds of the camp could still be barely heard over the vast flat landscape of the swamp. Kal put her hand on the hilt of her sword as three dark shapes moved towards them from the darkness. Two guards were dragging a truan male between them, but Kal paid them no heed. The man was slumped between them and Kal was unable to see his face. A split second after they had passed, Kal heard the scraping of a sword coming free of its sheath. She turned around swiftly, her hands snapping for her swords as she watched the guards fall to the ground, but something hit her square in the chest and she was knocked back on her rump, unable to move her limbs. Her eyes, appeared ghost-like in the very low light, light that of a predatory feline. She could see perfectly, and she saw clearly all that unfolded before her. Riel had killed the guards leaving the truan male face down in the muck.

Kal mind raced as she begun to regain some of the movement in her limbs. Suddenly the large kray grabbed her and hoisted her high by both of her arms, facing him. Kal worked hard to keep a cool and level head. Her thoughts were racing. The creature was too armoured for her to actually damage him in any way and the pressure on her arms was starting to mount, he could easily rip her arms from her body if he wanted to. And Kal was sure that he wanted to.

Last edited by Kaljava Tlasfeer on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Curiio

Curiio

Location : Sheffield, Britain, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milkyway, The Universe...

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:03 am

Krobon, Riel & The Rift-Slayer | Camp Grounds.

"Who might you be?" Curiio heard the voice, gently so. As gentle as the hand upon his cheek. Though this did not stir the Truan, he lay unconscious on the ground. Amongst the corpses, covers in blood and jungle waste. The pale Truan muttered a moment, his closed eyes wincing tight, it looked as if he was having a bad dream.

"Two words" He muttered, opening his hazey eyes slowly, looking up toward the being, barely registering the persona above. Perhaps inaudiable and senseless but "Two words" was clear from the mumbling being upon the ground. He tried to focus, his deepset eyes glancing around.. "Where- Curiio?" He frowned, lifting his beaten head up, this seemed to cause him great pain as he tugged to arm of the Magisto, pulling himself up weakly. He did not recognize the three beings at first but as he reached into his pocket he sipped lazily from the golden potion, colouring coming back to his cheeks. "Kal?" He glances up at the hanging Lukkan within the hulking beasts grip. This confused him more so than his throbbing head and unknown scenary. "Who might I be?" Curiio wheezed, still reeling from the blows to form. "I am Curiio Atlyo.. Healer and lawbreaker.. Apparently" he smirked, gulping at the mere situation that screamed danger in his mind. "I was uh, I was carted off for hurting a women whilst on my way to.. I can't remember, a- a church or something"

Curiio fell silent, he spoke to the beings as if they were of the law themself, he felt pressured and cornered, which he was. Curiio blue eyes narrows as he frowned in thought. "I was, uh.. something about words. I was sent to hear some words. Two. I have them here, but I cannot read it" The Truan did not seem to care if anyone was listening, he was rummaging through his pockets, speaking to himself in aid to make sense of... anything. Alas the poor man made little sense to anyone there one would assume he was a rambling fool if it was not for very fact that every fibre of his being exuded energies and form, rift activity and.. something. Potent as these vibes were, curiio felt nothing beside the throbbing pain that was his bruising.

"Here it is!" He smiles coyly to himself, holding a crumpled note out toward Riel. "Thas' all I was trying to find out, the translation.. Tis old, tis... not Targon language" the Truan said, rapidly recovering from his beating, though still quite poorly to look at, considering the amount of dirt and blood that was stained over his entire being. "Why is she hanging there? Doesn't she work with you?"
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:07 pm

"Interesting... It seems the tides have turned." The Kray said to the Lukkan woman which he had restrained. Riel chuckled idly as he looked up at the Lukkan, he was sure she was going to regret how she had acted against them both soon. Riel looked back to the pale Truan who were barely conscious from the looks of it. The Truan man mumbled to himself “Two worlds” he said and Riel raised a eyebrow. Two worlds, why did he sense that these words the Truan spoke had more meaning to them then just being random mutterings of a madman.

Riel heard bells in the distance, it appeared the camp had somehow gotten alerted to the assault on their commander, yet this was of no greater threat to him as he had more then enough to bargain with "Kal?" The Truan said as he looked up to the Lukkan woman. ‘Kal? Is that the name of the Lukkan? Do they know each other from earlier? Riel wondered as he turned his attention to the Truan again, "I am Curiio Atlyo.. Healer and lawbreaker.. Apparently" the confused Truan said and Riel looked up to the Kray to speak, the Truan had just begun to mumble about a note. “Kray, soon there will be hostilities, do not harm the Lukkan to much, we need her for bargaining material- and I need to know your name Kray

Riel’s eyes moved down to the Truan quickly and his right hand slid to the handle of his sword quickly, something had stirred inside his mind as he had caught a glimpse of the note the Truan was holding out to him, the note itself was emitting such a powerful aura of chaos energy Riel was amazed he had not felt it earlier. He let go of his sword’s handle and took the note in his hand, reading out loud mostly to himself “E’kesune Toke” which meant ‘Open up’ in his native tongue. He was surprised that the man carried a note with the Magisto language on it “Where did-“ suddenly it felt like something was awakened inside of himself, a sort of energy that flooded out through his entire being in warm rejuvenating waves. He blinked a few times then he gave a small gasp as he felt his connection to the pact disappear, and as that connection broke the tattoos on his body faded away.

What manner of trick is this?” Riel asked the Truan with a angered tone and moved his hand to his dagger instead, slowly unsheathing it as he took two quick steps towards the Truan and in a flash he held the blade to the mans throat “Who sent you?” he pressed the cold metal to the mans throat. In the distance he could hear footsteps of heavily armed soldiers heading their way. He was just about to slit the throat of the man when he heard the familiar voice of the woman who he had met inside the tower close to the rift ‘I am impressed, you awoke me much earlier then I had expected… Yet we are not where I thought we would be at the time of my awakening’ she sounded a little surprised, yet there was a calmness in her tone that eased Riel’s mind ‘I awakened you?’ he asked in his mind, it was obvious to the people surrounding Riel that he was having some sort of conversation in his mind as he just stood there in silence with his blade to the mans throat.

The words I and symbols of my revival was presented to you by that man, odd, such luck you must have had to have encountered him here in this… Swamp’. Riel sheathed his dagger and gave the Truan space to breathe as he turned his back on him. ‘I need you to perform a ritual, I am sure you will know which ritual I am talking about soon enough, as you finish it you will unlock a power greater then any Magisto have ever possessed’ she said and just as she had finished speaking series of complex gestures and incantations flashed before his eyes. “I realise what I must do” he said to himself then he took a couple of steps back so that the Kray was in between him and the oncoming soldiers “I need you to protect me for now Kray, there is something I need to do before our journey to power begins-“ he turned his attention to the Truan “-if you run, you die.

Then he spread his legs a little and moved his hands together and then he closed his eyes as he began to focus on the ritual… He realised performing a large scaled ritual in a situation like this one was not wise, yet he was blinded by the promise of power that clinged to the calm voice of the woman in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Rohke

Rohke

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

An Unexpected Arrival

The sound of hooves clanking against the ground and the sound of the large wheels of a carrage could be heard in the distance from the gathering of the apparently two unfamiliar and potential hostile creatures. Galadus was nearly there and his mind focused on the possibility of danger and hostile reactions towards him. His thoughts then switched to his daughter who would be left orphaned should things go badly, despite being confident in his ability. He always thought Rohke was too young to take over the Blackmoors reputation and felt that the family would crumble without him. Still Rohke remained the next in line for leadership of the family, but there was another problem on the mind of Galadus. If things should go badly his younger brother may sieze the opportunity to take power by force which was another concern for poor Rohke who was not quite ready for such task.

The carrage suddenly stopped right by the gathering, it was quite a beautiful carrage with gold decorations and a fine purple painted wood. Two Dessarti appeared and walked over to the carrage door to open it and out climbed Galadus dressed in fine robes and carrying the family staff. Galadus looked around he could see the figures and a few dead corpses no doubt the result of the two invaders.

"Stop this bickering!" Galadus had amplified his voice with magic and the ground shook strongly with each word from his voice. Rohke took this opportunity to sneak out the cargo hold and hid behind a rock watching the events unfold.

He then saw that one of the invaders behaving oddly as though he was doing some sort of magical ritual. Galadus had hoped that his voice would distract the invaders attention. Galadus walked closer to the group in hope of being political and forming a truce.

"I suggest you halt that ritual, It seems we got off on the wrong foot but thats hardely suprising considering the company your in, I mean a Lukka hardely the best negotiators i always considered them quite savage. Anyway put that behind for now, I welcome you." He bows in welcome.

" I see you have murdered some of these peons, you may be powerful but that is not power that is being a coward, but still i propose a truce i feel a relation between our races would be far more beneficial"

Galadus was unsure what Riels reaction would be but still stood proud. He was however ready for a bad reaction as he knew little about these creatures that had already killed so many.

Rohke hid watching behind the rock confident her father would solve the situation, she found the incident quite exciting and couldnt wait for her father to kick butt. However it soon turned to politics and she grew bored and turned around slumped against the rock and took out her pouch of 1000 gold counting it. Rohke was indeed spolied and had no interest in becoming the leader of the house. She was always used to having everything done for her and having whatever she wanted, she was most juvinile and mabye her fathers worries were rightly placed.
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:26 pm

His eyes were focused on the lukkan female for a while before noting what Riel was saying "You may call me Krobon" He said as he looked at Riel before turning his attention back to the woman... He had no interest in the truan that Riel was keeping himself occupied with, however. His thoughts were not at ease, so much had happened in such a short time frame, so many things had changed in moments so few.

He stood there, sinking deep in to thought as his gaze seemed to become endless and his grip slightly faltered. The fact that he could no longer sense the overlord, he could not feel his presence nor the presence of any of his species. He was far removed from anything he knew and the change that was brought upon him was strange, the overlord was no longer in his mind and it felt like his thoughts were racing to so many places at once. "What do i wish to accomplish.... Power... That is all i need, in any way possible." He thought to himself as he looked to the woman again.

Not a moment later did Riel ask for his protection as he could hear the heavy footsteps of the many soldiers rushing their way, this was the moment to prove his worth and make sure that he was worthy of power... To himself and the one he would now serve... Being a servant in fact is what a Kray is made to be, to serve the Overlord and his wishes were to become strong and overthrow the strongest... A way of life but also a propaganda forced upon all Kray, a difference to where he was now. The strain of the Overlord was no longer there and he was free to do as he pleased, not fueled by the incredible need to become one of the Overlords four.

"Woman.. I will give you a choice and a simple one in that, because you gave me a choice i will give you one... Either you stay silent till i finish with the guards.. Or i will remove your arms and legs so you will be unable to do anything... Note that if you break this i will use the guards living bodies to beat you to a pulp... Stay silent or die, the choice is yours."

Her face gimaced at the idea but after little thought she agreed with a deep reluctance...

It was then that Krobon let her down and focused his attention to the guards, he charged forwards and showed in more speed he was far more able to stay on top of the swamps soft land, first the arrows came mixed together with spells from the mages, fire and ice the most common of spells were thrown at him. Krobon felt a surge go through him as power charged up inside of him, he held it down as the first melee attackers came in to range, it was a battle against a titan. The weapons did nothing and the first guard to try got picked up by his arm only to be used as a projectile against his fellow guards. The mages however kept casting spells, electricity and other elemental spells of such nature.. It was not till Krobon had disabled about seven guards that he blew out all the force he had accumulated in to a weapon, straight at the mages... This high powered attack surged through the air at the opponents, scorching the land and leaving nothing but specks of dust when it hit the opponents.

Few remained but in the overwhelming force from this creature and the inability to surround him due to the conditions and landscape they were forced to retreat for now... Krobon, former leader of Kray which made him proud was now a guard of a Magisto plotting to conquer the worlds... But he had started on this road and it would not help to retreat from it. He turned back to the woman and grabbed her by the shoulder, holding her but not too tightly.

Not a moment later a coach arrived, a man dressed in robes, Krobon immediately moved to stand between the man and Riel as a rather loud wave flushed past them, holding the message "Stop this bickering" Why it was said he did not know but as soon as he told Riel to halt the ritual it was known... Known to Krobon that it was not a friend and should he try anything that he would need to be dealt with.

In one way Krobon slightly forgot about Kal but in another he oddly trusted her to keep silent for the time being, he did not know why but left it to be what it was for now... Waiting for this event to unfold further.
Back to top Go down
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:24 pm

She watched in horror and awe as Krobon slaughtered the guards with murderous efficiency. His energy expulsion attack was devastating and caught Kal and the guards completely by surprise. There was nothing left of them. Kal entertained the idea of sprinting off into the darkness while Krobon and Riel were distracted, but she hated the idea of leaving Curiio behind. He had shown her a kindness that was uncommon in this world and she could not bring herself to leave him there in the mud. She reached into her satchel and gave the shivering Shard a reassuring pat on the head, and stroked her thumb down his spine. The small creature relaxed a bit, nudging into her hand and biting her finger gently.

Kal retracted her hand from the satchel as Krobon's heavy claw set upon her shoulder and squeezed. She masked her emotions behind an expressionless visage. She would get herself out of this mess and she would rescue Curiio as well. She lowered her voice, so that only the Kray could hear her. "So I have watched you slaughter men who I considered friends. If you had wished to kill me you would have done so already. If you want to get back to the Rift, then I suggest you let go of me. It is nigh impossible to navigate this swamp unless you know every inch of it. Even if you did manage to get out, you do not even know which direction to travel. You are thousands of miles from the Rift."

Her eyes flitted to the ornate carriage which produced a well dressed man. Kal arched a brow as she studied the carriage. There were no roads moving through the swamp, and the wheels would certainly have gotten stuck in the mud. She wondered how it got there and why. Nothing was out here, save for the prison, and further west, the Ghon territory. As the robed man addressed them, Kal twisted her way gently out of Krobon's grasp, showing that she was not trying to escape. She nimbly leapt over a small patch of water and moved over to Curiio, "Are you alright?" she asked as she picked a heap of swamp grass from his hair. Her eyes darted around, taking in all of the scenery. She had to get out of here, but seeing Krobon's energy attack, she wasn't willing to risk running. She had no idea that it had to be charged on offensive energy and she needed to get Curiio out of there as well.

The sunrise was just beginning, the very first light of the suns beginning to peak over the horizon. The swamp would become a haven for blod sucking bugs, and a steamy, foul smelling area by midday. They had to get to firmer ground.
Back to top Go down
Curiio

Curiio

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 am

Callous & Confuddled | New Haven Campground

Curiio sat admist the corpses of many. Looking around at the carnage with a face suggesting little more than tiredness. Those sunken hollow blue eyes wince softly to a close, breathing slowly at the scene before him. He had been beaten and threatened numerous times in the last day and now another sunrise was leading in the sky toward a new day with more tragedy.

The commanding force that was the Magisto stood, wings spread to perform complex ritualistic gestures, the large imposing beast that was apparently "Krobon" slaughtered many in his wake. The sounds of New Haven guards muffled, gurgling war cries drowned curiio's hearing, his sight willingly gone with closed eyes and the smell metalic crimson filling his nostrils. Apparently a new bunch were present in this field of blood but poor Curiio dared not to open his eyes but he did not appear to be cowering, one might assume he was perhaps meditating his tainted mind from the harsh circumstance, this moment of peace was broken by a hand to the pale and bruised Truans black locks, which picked heaps of swamp mess from them. Curiio opened one eye, peering up to the Lukkan, he remained silent and nodded slowly, shuffling back from the woman's touch. Almost immediately he stood and spoke very softly, perhaps inaudiably to other but the Lukkan "What happens now?" he said amidst the ruckus.

As she answered Curiio shuffled his feet, reliquishing them of the steady binding of vines at his ankles and dusting down his attire with little success in cleansing the dark fabric. The Truans reddened knuckles tensed as his shifted his hands into his pockets to reveal that familiar bottle of liquid healing, gold in colour and thick in consistancy. He swigged modestly and then offered the lukkan the bottle neck.

She appeared to be looking around all the while, eyes darting from each event in the situation, Curiio did also, his calm blue eyes trailing over each form to then look over his shoulder at the exquisite carriage, noting the individuals and the female which moved to hid behind a rock. Though this seemed to bore her quickly and she slumped along the rocks face, counting coins. This behaviour quirked a fine black brow of the pale Truans. Was she so disinterested? Was she so fearless? Was the proud man before the ritualistic winged one her betrothed?

Now was not the time, the suns were peaking and the horizontal light pierced Curiio's sunken eyes, causing him to frown but all the while silent, his chest heaving once as he sighed and turned to face the pressing issues at hand.
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 am

Inside Riel’s mind he was chanting as he were instructed by the female voice in his mind, and amidst the chanting he began to think about what he were doing. Had he really set his eyes on conquering the entire world of Targon, accompanied by this great Krobon, the Lukkan, and a pale Truan by the name of Curiio. It all sounded like a impossible thing to achieve, yet in his past he had managed to turn the tide of many hopeless battles, yet he had also lost battles when the numbers of enemies became overwhelming. And a entire world was what Riel considered overwhelming…

He moved his right hand in a arch in front of himself and the air in front of him was filled with blue glowing runes which gave a small ethereal humming sound. "Woman.. I will give you a choice and a simple one in that, because you gave me a choice i will give you one... Either you stay silent till i finish with the guards.. Or i will remove your arms and legs so you will be unable to do anything... Note that if you break this i will use the guards living bodies to beat you to a pulp... Stay silent or die, the choice is yours." Riel heard Krobon say and he gave a small nod, Krobon would serve him well from the looks of it, yet he would have to keep an eye on the great Kray beast, he was too fond of power to be fully trusted for the moment. The ground began to shake as Krobon began to destroy the guards, then after a while the ground shook and a enormous static feeling raced through Riel’s body. He opened his eyes and looked towards the Kray which were in the midst of slaughtering the guards; the area around him was scorched and destroyed. It appeared this Kray possessed some kind of inherited weapon; this only made him more useful in Riel’s eyes.

He made a arch with his left hand and the air got filled with more blue glyphs and text began to write itself upon his own body, he was soon done, soon he would had destroyed his former pact and granted himself a new one. He knew full well that this new pact would be weak in the beginning and that he would have to train and experiment on it for quite a while to make it something close to what his former pact used to be. Yet as he was eager to use the powers granted by the pact, within the chanting he had called upon both the guardian force and the hallowed mask. He was uncertain what any of these ‘powers’ was, he was not even certain he could use them for the time being.

Riel made a series of complex gestures with his hands as he chanted loudly, his voice echoing out thought the swampy landscaped to scare away the wildlife, flocks of birds made their way towards the sky and in the distance the twin suns began to rise in the horizon. As the first rays of the sun stretched out upon the gathering Riel opened his eyes fully again and then all the magical glyphs and letters disappeared, firstly nothing happened then suddenly his body was engulfed in a blue glow and black and red tattoo’s began to replace the ones he had lost earlier, also a tattoo of a half moon started to form at his left cheek and grew vertically over his left eye, ending at the base of his hair, the edges of the ‘moon’ pointed outwards toward his temples (More of his new appearance in the character’s bio).

Suddenly a carriage came storming onto the scene as the blue glow left Riel’s body. It stopped not far from the gathered group and just as sudden as the carriage had come a man wearing black luxurious robes opened the carriage door and with a booming voice he screamed "Stop this bickering!" as he screamed Riel’s eyes moved to a dark shape which left the carriage at the same time, sneaking away to a pair of rocks a small distance away. Riel quirked a brow and he focused on the black robed spell caster, raising his right hand to ready himself for any oncoming attack. As he did so a array of blue glyphs formed in the air around him, Riel knew not what the power of these glyphs was nor why they even appeared as he began to channel chaos energy.

"I suggest you halt that ritual, It seems we got off on the wrong foot but thats hardely suprising considering the company your in, I mean a Lukka hardely the best negotiators i always considered them quite savage. Anyway put that behind for now, I welcome you." The robed man said and Riel smirked a little, he was glad the man had arrived just as the real ritual had been completed, and the lingering powers of the ritual must had given him the impression that Riel was still casting. "I see you have murdered some of these peons, you may be powerful but that is not power that is being a coward, but still i propose a truce i feel a relation between our races would be far more beneficial" The man then said and this peeked Riel’s interest enough for him to drop his magical guard a little, causing some of the runes to fade away.

You speak the words I would have liked to hear days ago, Truan, I am Exarch Magisto Riel, Exiled Primeval of the pandemoniums second circle” Riel’s said in a formal tone to the man “And the power used to destroy these ‘peons’ was solely in the defence of my own, and my friends, well being.” Riel looked to Krobon for a moment, and then he spoke in his native Magisto tongue “You keep watch of who is behind the rock to the right of the carriage, and I also want you to keep an eye out for more guards or assassins.” He then looked back to the robed man, his red eyes lingering on the expensive looking staff he held in his right hand.

I accept your truce, if you grant me a few things which I will need, firstly I want the Lukkan and the Truan” Riel pointed to Kal and Curiio, “Then secondly I want supremacy over that fort and this surrounding swampland, It will be my land where my rules are enforced” a wide grin began to spread across his lipless mouth, “As a third I want entry to your town called ‘New Haven’ and even have my own residence there, a luxurious one I assure you, us Magisto do not live in the dirt. I also want a position in any form of greater court ‘your’ city might possess” he knew full well that these requests were outrageous, yet he intended to aim high from the beginning, he was to be the ruler of Targon after all. “And lastly me and any of my allies have the right to walk anywhere outside my land, inside the cities of your world.” He let his eyes sweep over the scene once again, the great Krobon at his side, the Lukkan tending to Curiio and lastly the sun peeking up over the horizon. Then he turned his eyes to the robed man “Will you refuse me these requests? And become the first who have stood in my way, and been destroyed just because of that?
Back to top Go down
Rohke

Rohke

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:12 pm

The sun was rising and shining brightly upon the bloodspilled swamp and negotiations were happening to Galadus's delight. Galadus's words seemed to please Riel like a true negotiator would aim to do unlike before which ended in chaos. Galadus caught the magisto focusing on his own staff and smiled at the Magisto .

"You like what you see? This staff has been in my family for decades it is quite the sight i have to admit and expensive but a wealthy family needs an expensive item of importance.

Galadus looked at the Lukka and the Truan before turning his attention back to the Magisto. It had appeard that the Magisto was willing to form a truce on his own terms. Terms which were quite impossible for a Truan of even his influence as such would have to go through the court. This was when the true battle of words would begin however the magisto had left a threat on the end of his terms.

Galadus laughed "You really should not threaten someone you have no idea about. However looking at your terms there is only one i can possibly grant. You may take the lukka but the Truan is to remain, i care little of the lukka im sure she will make a great slave or torture victim, I myself have several Dessarti slaves. As for the Fort and safe entry to New Haven i cannot provide it is not my decision to make."

Galadus paused for a moment looking straight at the magisto "do we have an agreement?"

Galadus readied himself mentaly knowing that the threat could indeed become reality but he did not show any signs of being ready for battle.

Meanwhile behind the rock Rohke had finished counting her 1000 gold pieces and rose her head from beneath the rock peering over at the group. The whole thing seemed rather boring to her but she had run out of things to do so she sat and watched half hidden from view. She had just wanted to go home the swamp was smelly and dirty and she just wanted her daddy to end this delicate matter quickly.
Back to top Go down
Curiio

Curiio

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:27 am

Terms and unconditionals | New Haven camp grounds

"I will not be bartered!" The pale and beaten Curiio growled boldly. He had interupted the two beings and stood there with his hands behind his back. The tall broad form was of no competition but perhaps his mere arrogance was all he needed. "Nor will Kal, that is her name. Use it." He said sternly with narrowing blue eyes. To Curiio he had little to lose, death was perhaps inevitable at this moment, it was either that or prison for some heinous crime. "Both youre ideals are ludacris, for whatever motive you have- it is grossly unachievable; but let me tell you why..." He persisted with a raised gloved hand, noone need of fell silent but this seemed to be a moment where the quiet pale Truan was showing some glory. "However you infiltrate the masses there will always be others, like Kal- that will oppose you. And slaughtering them is not the way. I know little of your origin "Exiled Magisto" But but I know one thing- Ms. A. Veil would not appreciate your selfish conquest." He looked over the tattooed form. "I assume you know of who I speak of? If you do not, then you will listen further"

He began to walk away from the Lukkan who held his golden potion, pacing up and down infront of the Magisto and Galadus with his hand behind his back.

"You look so very much like her. She who sent me to obtain those words. Perhaps mere coincidence that -you- are to use them now, but I doubt it was all for you. I'd be careful who you listen to "Riel..." heh.." He smirked, glancing over the Magisto and pausing his pacing steps. "Can't always listen to that which you cannot see. I certainly wouldn't trust such either, eh?"

Curiio quirked a brow with a small knowing smile across his lips.

"Seems a tad foolish to listen to something, something... so close, inside." The pale Truans words were vague but decipherable. Now he turned to reguard Galadus. "You will not bargain the Lukkans life.. I will say again sir, she has a name. She will not be taken without me. Kal stays or we both go. I'm sure the ape over there.." He reguarded Krobon with a nod.

"Will prefer her company. Which means I am there also. Would it -really- be wise to take the apes posession from him? Do you value your limbs? We are no mere insect to be bartered, borrowed or sold." Curiio's words were dignified, whether treated as hostile or sensical was yet to be known but he stood there now with his arms folded as he peered around at the slaughter.

"Hardly subtle, hardly skillful and hardly worth it. If this is how you people deal with your desires, then you will fail quicker than I." It was unknown as to what Curiio meant by his own failure, perhaps his delivery of the Magisto words to the right hands, perhaps something else. But the sincerity and bold articulation of his voice showed nothing more than wisedom from a young and emotionless face.

"I believe the mind of a male can make the right choices. Even if it is.... occupied" He fleeted a glance toward the Magisto before finally walking back toward Kal, his back turned innocently enough
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 am

It was an interesting view, this land and it's clear sky shimmering in the morning... The female Lukkan had tried to bargain with him again. His massive hulking body stood in between Galadus and Riel but before long he moved back to Kal and the seemingly rather strange Truan she was with.

"So I have watched you slaughter men who I considered friends. If you had wished to kill me you would have done so already. If you want to get back to the Rift, then I suggest you let go of me. It is nigh impossible to navigate this swamp unless you know every inch of it. Even if you did manage to get out, you do not even know which direction to travel. You are thousands of miles from the Rift." Kal said to Krobon. However the great creature did not really react for a few of the upcoming minutes, looking at her with a stern look in his eyes.

"I do not need a way back to the rift, the only thing of interest you might give me is satisfying my curiosity." Krobon may have been intelligent and have had leadership qualities, however it hardly ever showed in the way he acted.... Like a brute.

Riel and Galadus seemed to be negotiating however the negotiations were not very successful up to this moment, it was soon after however that the truan stood up and started speaking boldly to Riel and Galadus. This however was not to Krobon's amusement, nor was this bargaining getting anywhere.

Krobon picked up a corpse from the ground and dragged it by it's leg towards Galadus, crashing it down in front of the man as he swung it through the air. "Unless you want to end up like this.. I suggest you give us all we wish and ask nothing in return apart from your life and the one you hold behind the rock there.. If you think you are powerful enough to fight an enemy you have little knowledge of then i say think again... You are at a great disadvantage here and your arrogance will sooner be your downfall then your savior, take one moment to consider or you will die and i will take that little girl of yours and feed her piece by piece to the creatures here in the swamp... Perhaps even eat her myself."

Krobon was not by any means a negotiator, he was used to taking things by violence as that was how everything worked in Kray society. This would be no different, no matter how powerful a mage he should think twice before trying to deal with enemies he knows are at the advantage... Coming in like that and opening negotiations is like going to a hungry dragon and ask if you can brush his teeth.

Krobon moved towards the Truan and gripped his hand around his neck as he stood there with his back turned towards all of them, turning him around as his hand moved around his waist. "This i will tell you now... Do not disturb the conversation any further... You have no control over your life and if you speak up again i will make an end to you and the Lukkan... Your actions now count for the well being of both of you... The same goes for you Lukkan, your actions will affect him as well... thread carefully.
Back to top Go down
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:05 pm

As Curiio brushed the muck from his person, he softly whispered to her, "What happens now?" Kal had no answer for that, for only the second time in her life Kal was completely out of control of the situation and she had no idea what was to happen now. "I really don't know Atlyo." She took the bottle of the golden brew from Curiio, uncorked it and took a small gulp of it. Nearly immediatly the ache in her limbs (from Krobon holding her aloft) receeded. She rolled her shoulders around gently and tilted her neck to the side, the bones issuing a soft crack. Her ears pricked up as she heard the word "lukkan". They were trying to barter her....HER! And the robed one had deeply insulted her pride by referring to her as nothing more than a savage and one to be enslaved. Being called a savage was one thing that Kal would certainly not put up with.

Her muzzle pulled back and she bared her teeth as she growled at Galadus. She was severly outnumbered, with the mage clearly siding with Riel and Krobon and Curiio still recovering from her beating, she was not in the best place to pick a fight with the necromancer. In time he would understand the error of his words, or perhaps for him...just for him, she would make it come true. As Riel and Galadus spoke calmly Kal entertained the idea of ripping Galadus' laryx from his throat so that he could never issue such slanderous comments against her again. A bit of a wicked smile came to her jaws as she entertained the idea.

She was ripped from her thoughts when Riel proposed his ridiculous requests. Kal's jaw dropped open and a bit of a stunned noise emmiting form her throat. She was about to protest the absurdity of such a request when Curiio stole the words from her mouth. At least she was not the only one thinking that this was absolutly ludacris. She smiled a little as Curiio began his tirade, he was speaking for the both of them and Kal's admiration for Curiio skyrocketed. He was intellegent and brash, and he had been thinking exactly what Kal had wanted to say. Kal's grin only widened as Curiio verbally beat down those present. She placed her hands on her hips, shifting her weight to one foot as Curiio spoke.

She noticed the young woman behind the rock, eyeing her suspiciously. Behaps in this woman Kal could find a bit of leverage. If she was even half as proud or audacious as the robed man she had come with then she would be standing aside him as negotations were made. She wished to make a move to bring the girl forth, but her actions were halted as Krobon made his move back over to her. Curiio had finished speaking and now it was her turn again to speak with the brute. She continued to wonder why he hadn't just ripped her arms off yet. "I do not need a way back to the rift, the only thing of interest you might give me is satisfying my curiosity."

Kal quirked a brow at Krobon's response. Curiousity? She did not know whether to take that as a positive thing or a negative one. Then Krobon shoved past her and grasped the charred corpse of one of the guards, dragging it towards Galadus where he forcefully "placed" it in front of the mage. Kal had to admire his style, but it also showed that he was not the sharpest sword on the rack.

As Krobon grabbed Curiio Kal's almost surreal state was shattered. Without even thinking about it Kal drew her left sword, and in a flash was in the back of the beast, the point of her sword poking right inbetween one of the boney plates, threatening to slip into the soft tissue beneath. It was a bold and bad move, and Kal had not even realized what she had done until her sword was already pointed. Her instincts and her primal self (nutured from years of living at the Rift) had guided her to this point, and her conscious self would now have to pay the price or reap the reward. She poked the sword a little further, not enough to break the skin, but enough to allow Krobon to feel that he had a sword to his back. Kal was at his back, and she knew that the beast was less than agile, she was in a good postion to get away, as well as use Krobon for a shield for any spells that Riel or Galadus wished to throw at her. She didn't actually think that she could severely injure Krobon, and she knew that she had made her position infinitely worse, but she was not in this position whether she liked it or not.

"Release him. We are not animals to be auctioned and we shall not be treated as such. I offered you a truce, and the truan goes along with that truce. Your armour is thick, but my swords are sharp and if you have kidneys, I might pierce them, if not, pray I wouldn't hit something vital." Kal knew it was a stupid move, but she and Curiio were in this together, and she had to defend him...though she knew she couldn't do that if she were dead.
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:35 pm

[ Order in the chaos / The Marshlands ]

"You like what you see? This staff has been in my family for decades it is quite the sight I have to admit and expensive but a wealthy family needs an expensive item of importance.” The robed man bragged and Riel frowned a little, he had no real interest in the staff he carried other then the fact it meant this person was ‘important’. "You really should not threaten someone you have no idea about. However looking at your terms there is only one I can possibly grant. You may take the lukka but the Truan is to remain, i care little of the lukka I’m sure she will make a great slave or torture victim, I myself have several Dessarti slaves. As for the Fort and safe entry to New Haven I cannot provide it is not my decision to make." The man then said, Riel already knew his demands had been impossible to fulfil yet it had been a test to se just how willing this man had been on negotiating a peace between them.

So you want me to ally with you and be given a single creature?” he then chuckled “Us Magisto do not keep slaves, and we do not torture our enemies” he looked back to the Lukkan woman and noticed that she were expressing a lot of anger towards the robed man. “To be honest I think-” Riel said but then he was suddenly interrupted by Curiio who barked "I will not be bartered!" to then embark upon a rant which lasted for quite some time until he finally finished with "I believe the mind of a male can make the right choices. Even if it is.... occupied".

Riel had been watching the Truan with interest as he had ranted, a quite sly grin lingering on his lipless mouth. This man was interesting and Riel somehow felt he had to keep him close, he had talked of someone named Veil, a woman who had reminded him of Riel even, could it had been another Magisto which resided inside the city of New Haven? Riel was suddenly waked from his trail of thought as the giant Krobon slammed the corpse of a guard down into the ground in front of the robed man "Unless you want to end up like this.. I suggest you give us all we wish and ask nothing in return apart from your life and the one you hold behind the rock there.. If you think you are powerful enough to fight an enemy you have little knowledge of then i say think again... You are at a great disadvantage here and your arrogance will sooner be your downfall then your savior, take one moment to consider or you will die and i will take that little girl of yours and feed her piece by piece to the creatures here in the swamp... Perhaps even eat her myself."

The giant Krobon said with his deep voice and Riel nodded in agreement, they had no time to waste on negotiations with nothing but a single Truan who thought he held a saying in anything, given the situation he was in now he was vastly outnumbered, even if the Lukkan decided to join the robed man, which seemed to not be a option due to her obvious aggression towards the man, Riel and Krobon would still be able to keep the situation under control. Then Krobon moved back and ‘restrained’ Curiio, which was a slight relief to Riel who did not want to be interrupted once again. He looked back to the robed man, who looked a little unnerved, yet he quickly retained the sense of the scene and his face became indifferent again.

Riel’s eyes began to slowly take on a dark blue colour as he stood silent for a moment, from the looks of it he was pondering upon something. Then he raised his right hand a little, his hand shaped as if he was holding an orb within it, then slowly he began to close his hand which seemed to tremble a little, as if he was trying to crush something… “I am tired of 'this'…” he said with a tone so cold that the robed man quirked a brow, and just as he opened his mouth to talk he was interrupted by a deafening sound.

The carriage he had arrived in suddenly imploded into itself with an unseen force, the sheer power in this force caused a crater to form underneath the carriage, it was as if time froze for a moment, and in this moment a ghostly looking woman appeared, peeking curiously over his shoulder with a playful grin on her lips, then the carriage fell to the ground in a heap of wood and the woman disappeared. The horses which had dragged the carriage went ballistic and ran out into the marshlands.

Riel looked over his shoulder at the gathering, his eyes having a faint blue glow to them; he idly looked at the Lukkan as she held her knife to Krobon’s more ‘exposed’ parts then he looked back to the robed man “Crawl back to wherever you came from, next time you want to make negotiations send someone else… The Magisto do not deal with slavers nor the arrogant...” He boldly turned his back to the robed man and looked towards the group close to Krobon “Join me and I promise you both power beyond your own imagination, your goals will become mine, and with me you can do anything” He made a small gesture with his right hand and the ground shook for a moment, the various branches and pebbles spread across the ground began to levitate for a moment and the trees surrounding them swayed away from Riel, as if they dared not lean towards him any longer "You have nothing to return to after you met with me, your lives are nothing compared to what I can offer..."
Back to top Go down
Rohke

Rohke

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:19 pm

A great number of things were happening and Galadus was loosing focus slightly and patience. He has wished to form a truce but that was now not likely to happen. It was then that Curiio moved in disgust at the help Galadus had provided which infuriated Galadus yet also made him chuckle.

"You must really like that lukka, afterall i just offered to save your life and yet you dissaproove of such just for the sake of the the lukka." He smiled at Curiio seeing him as weak but also brave. Curiio continued to rant on about the whole situation but all that mattered to Galadus was a truce yet that seemed to be getting less likely with each moment.

It ws then that Curiio was interupted and the large creature Krobon dropped a corpse infront of Galadus.

"you seemed to have dropped your dinner" Galadus joked

It was then that Krobon threatened Galadus, he even mentioned a girl behind the rock and said that it was his yet to his knowledge his daughter was at home. He became distracted a moment as he turned looking over to the girl and to his horror it was his daughter. The situation was interupted again by the thrusted sword of the Lukka which came at a suprise to Galadus.

All the distractions were taken out of the picture and all that was really left was Riel and Galadus. It was a tense time and Riel was the first to reply. But he replied with hostility blowing up the carrige that Galadus traveled in and killing 2 of his Dessarti in the process. This infuriated Galadus even further and tensions were rising to boiling point and the last thing Riel did would spark a battle of grand proportions. Riel not only insulted Galadus as an infividual but his way of life too, the biggest mistake Riel made though was turning his back on Galadus.

Galadus slammed his staff into the ground and then conjured up a dark energy ball flinging it at the Magisto. Galadus then muttered some words and his image split in to two mirror images. He had used a shadow image spell of himself to confuse the Magisto into thinking there were two off him. Of course one is the real Galadus and the other is the fake, Galadus had hoped this would give him another opportunity to strike again.
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Krobon did not flinch as Kal's sword poked into his back. He had issued the warning to her, and he needed not say anything more. He had given her one chance, and he was not the type to give a second. His massive claw still around Curiio's waist, he pulled the pale truan towards him, grabbing ahold of his arm at the elbow. The beast squeezed and the popping and crunching of bones could audibly be heard as he shattered Curiio's elbow. He then hoisted the truan up by the same elbow and tossed him into the mud several feet away. Curiio was not but a ragdoll to him. Krobon twisted his head to regard the lukka at his back. "I gave you a warning, next time I will kill either of you." He sneered at her. As he turned back around, all burst into chaos. The carriage had exploded and Galadus was in full action. His eyes darted around, as he was momentarily confused by all that had happened in the span of only several minutes.
Back to top Go down
Kaljava Tlasfeer
Admin
Kaljava Tlasfeer

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Kal winced at the sounds of Curiio's bones breaking. She was immediately regretful of her actions, she had put her only ally's life in danger and now he paid the price for her arrogance and stupidity. She removed the sword from Krobon's back, sheathing it with a depressed expression. She was caught whether or not to go to Curiio's side. She wanted to aid him to pick him out of the mud and set his arm, but she knew that she had already caused enough damage. This was why she tried not to have friends, she reminded herself as she fought back the moisture crowding the edges of her eyes. Her care and compassion this time, mixed with her arrogance had nearly lead to Curiio's death. She backed away a pace or too, tearing her eyes from Curiio's form and turning her back, the rest of the chaos was not but a blur to her. She seemed almost misplaced from the scenery as all Hell broke loose around her.

Explosions and the arcane arts flung around about behind her as she heavily sat on a mossy rock paying no heed to the eruption to her back. She sunk her head into her hands. Her mind was a mask of confusion and emotions. She didn't know if Curiio was alive or dead, but either way it was her fault. She doubted Curiio would ever forgive her and if he did, she knew she could not forgive herself for the foolish act that she had committed. Her ears flattened back against her head as she pulled up her muddy hood to shield her face both from the others of the group but also from the hot sun.

The sun was obscured by the thick haze of the swamp. Large bugs zipped in and out of the group searching for exposed patches of skin to grab a snack from. A wasp the size of a small cat landed on Krobon's forearm, though the insects efforts were thwarted by the massive armor the beast sported. Krobon looked to the wasp as it searched for a soft spot amidst the armor, he raised his hand and with a slight crunch the wasp was nothing more than a pile of goo on Krobon's arm. The swamp was taking on a rather sour stench as the temperature rose. Kal moved the lower portion of her hood over her muzzle, helping to keep away the foul smell. She dared not look back at Curiio. Shard squeaked from her pouch, but Kal paid no heed. Her mind and heart were heavy. Perhaps foolishly she promised herself that she would remain silent and compliant (to a point) no matter what they put her through. She slumped her shoulders as a bit of mud splattered on her back from the arcane battle that carried on at her back.
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:05 pm

His eyes moved over the group in front of him slowly, they all seemed shaken and not to persuaded by his words. He had not anticipated them to jump on his offer like a pack of starving wolves. But he had planted the seed and he were sure they would come around, one way or the other…

He was turning back to the robed man when he felt a tingle shoot through his body, the man was casting magic and it was directed right at him! He raised his hand to counter spell yet he were taken off guard and had no chance to react, thus only a second later he were hit by a dark energy ball, the power from it threw him backwards smoking onto the ground. For a moment his body was completely still, then he coughed and with a groan he pushed himself to his knees.

You… Should not have done that” Riel hissed and raised his right hand to fire a blue ball of energy at the robed man, but he was ready for that frontal attack and with a powerful sweep of his staff the ball dispersed into a cloud of blue energy as it impacted with the staves head. The robed man then did a elegant gesture with his free hand and another energy ball came flying at Riel, this one hitting him square in the chest sending him tumbling backwards.

He felt it, how much weaker he had become since he had arrived in this marsh. This caster would had proved no match for him if he had been at his earlier strength, yet now they were a equal match… Or at least Riel hoped so for the sake of his future health. He pushed himself to his feet and channelled energy into him self, and yet again the blue runes began to orbit around his body.

Krobon, stay out of this… Take Kal and Curiio away from here, they need not suffer harm from this battle.” As he finished giving orders he closed his eyes for a moment a he focused, then he made a sweeping gesture with his hand, sending four blue balls of energy speeding at the robed man…

Smoke was rising from Riel's left side and the middle of his chest, a blue almost sparkling liquid dripping from the scorching wounds the energy balls had left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell's Campground | Near New Haven   Hell's Campground | Near New Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hell's Campground | Near New Haven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next